The Old Curmudgeon

These are my writings, letters to the editor, and thoughts all gathered in one place.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States

Georgia Tech Grad. Veteran. Retired, Writer.

Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain Picks Running Mate

McCain picked Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin? You have to be kidding. Are they that hardup for disaffected Hillary supporters?

Let me get this straight. Palin is in her second year of being Alaska governor. Before that she was the mayor of her town, which I am sure is big by Alaska standards. She is 44 years old. She has not had the first day of national or international experience. She exemplifies everything, and then some, of what the Republicans have wrongly accused Obama of. Talk about being unqualified and inexperienced, she makes Obama look like an old hand. And with McCain being 72 today, if anything happened to him (which I do not wish for) this is who he feels should lead our country and be commander in chief? I must have missed something along the way.

Oh, I get it. She's pro-life, a member of the National Rifle Assoc, and against gay marriage. By Republican, ultra-conservative, fanatically religious standards she is qualified. I am utterly shocked that McCain would shoot himself in the foot like this with what is obviously an unqualified but good person. Talk about pandering to the base.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home