The Old Curmudgeon

These are my writings, letters to the editor, and thoughts all gathered in one place.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States

Georgia Tech Grad. Veteran. Retired, Writer.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Social Security Lack of Increase

Sometimes people are greedy and ignorant at the same time. I am a Social Security receiver and am thankful for the program. To date (I'm 73) I have received much more than I ever put into the program, which is true of 90% of those on SS right now. In addition people are blaming the current administration while the truth is that the law passed by Congress was done in 1975. Didn't hear anyone complain when they received a big jump two years ago. Social Security was started by the Roosevelt Administration as a safety net for the elderly not as a guarantee of life style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home