The Old Curmudgeon

These are my writings, letters to the editor, and thoughts all gathered in one place.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States

Georgia Tech Grad. Veteran. Retired, Writer.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Only in America

Had a beautiful experience this morning that I would like to share:

Five days a week I go to the Family Life Center at Our Lady Queen of Heaven, here in Lake Charles, so I can do water therapy for my spine. The same 2 or 3 people are always there. But today was different. Today I looked around and I realized that there were two Catholics, one Jew (me of course), one Baptist, two Moslems (women with their heads and body covered while in the water), and a black man (yes, I know that's not a religion.) To me this was beautiful and shows what America is all about. Now if only we could convince some other people to think like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home